Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Now I Understand

I have always been confused by people continually have babies, when they don't seem to like/want the ones they've got, but no longer. My favorite age starts at about 9-10 months and lasts for about a year. Babies at this age are generally happy with moments of screaming. Keep them fed and dry and you get smiles and coos all day. After this stage you enter two, and then (in my opinion the worst age ever) 3. I hate three. Everything is a fight with Ronin. He is generally screaming with moments of happy.

So, no matter the illogicality of it, I get it. If you keep on having children, you'll keep on having a happy, smiley baby. But, then they grow up.... Thankfully 3 does end, and kindergarten isn't far off. And so far, school has been wonderful for Luke. But really, who would you rather hang out with today?


OR





Lucky me doesn't have to choose, I get both!

3 comments:

Deb Ennis said...

I love this....Yeah, I was planning the next after tha last, but that will eventually wear off

Jessica said...

Shawn is hoping it's going to wear off :)

Derek said...

I don't know . . .so far the double digits have been the opposite of fun. Perhaps the older our children get the more the problems the younger ones give us seem tolerable or at least temporary? or maybe we are just to worn out to care or slightly deaf to the tantrums . .
Here's to surviving! (chink)